August at Power Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Power Scuba

Supreme Benchwarmer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Let's start off immediately with the big Gorilla in the room:

The MBAC is slightly ahead of us in the San Diego A-List poll of Best Water Activity in San Diego! We can't let that happen. Not only am I asking you to vote for us, but I'm asking you to post the link on your Facebook and ask your friends to vote too. Seriously. Don't do Facebook? Then send the link to your friends AND YOUR KIDS in an email! That the only way we're gonna beat THEIR legions of teenagers.

Vote now: http://sandiegoalist.cityvoter.com/power-scuba/biz/618248

Let's make this a THING!
Please help us out! (We have little money for marketing and winning this would be a great boon for our group.) Only 14 days left to vote. Don't wait!

Oh yeah: Once you've voted (only), go to our event page and RSVP there as well to enter a drawing for free boat dive tickets: Power Scuba A-List Event Page
-------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the beautiful pics
in our July Photo of the Month Album. (The Black Sea Nettles (jellyfish) have made a strong appearance in SoCal this summer.) Add your own pics you took in July or add a photo to the August Photo of the Month Album.

Aug 4 (Sat am):
Underwater and Beach Cleanup at South Mission Beach. Help us give S. Mission a good scrubbing!

Aug 4 (Sat pm):
Beach Party and Bonfire after the cleanup!

Aug 5 (Sun):
Diving / Picnic / Concert at La Jolla Cove. All day. Come in the morning, afternoon, or both!

Aug 18 (Sat pm):
Free Movie Night with Power Scuba! Join us at Peter's house in Poway for a pool party, mixer, and free showing of James Cameron's epic underwater adventure, The Abyss.

I see a bunch of shore dives in the offing too. Check our calendar frequently to see the latest dives from the beach. (Also: Welcome our newest Organizer, Janyl, at her first event at La Jolla Shores on Aug 8 (Wed) after work!

We've a few boat dives scheduled for this month as well, but they're all currently full. (A good problem to have.) Get on the Wait Lists or tell me you want even more trips scheduled.

It's amazing to me what we've accomplished with little money, little advertising, but a lot of love, enthusiasm, and energy. YOU ALL are directly responsible for that. It's your particpation, word-of-mouth, and caring that's allowed Power Scuba to become one of the largest, if not the largest, dive groups on the West Coast... and a non-profit, independent group at that! (Not to mention the environmental messages we get to couch in most of our events.) That doesn't happen by accident. Thank you, all of you!

Bill Powers
Supreme Benchwarmer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom