poll UTD delta 27# vs mach V 18#

UTD alpha/delta 27# vs oxycheq mach V 18#

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Candiru

Contributor
Reaction score
I currently dive a halcyon pioneer 27# (old logo style), stainless plate, 3 mm suit, no aditional weight (72 inches 147#). I use this setup mostly for recrerational diving ocean and guided cenote dives. I would like to sell the wing and get something that has an inner liner bladder vs my current bladderless system. I am not concerned with price. My top priority is a system that will give perfect trim. Please vote for one of the above options or add suggestions. Thanks for your input.

Do you dive an STA or not? I assume you do since the Oxycheq looks like it needs one.

If you do, although I know you said price isn't a concern, I've had great experiences with the DRIS wing and it just happens to be one of the cheapest wings to boot. It has the inner bladder that you seek.

DRIS Dive Gear 28lb Trianta Wing - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

If you don't want to use an STA, I'm sure these would be a great wings also.

23lb:
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/23lb-single-tank-wing-p-3202.html

Otherwise Oxycheq has been a good brand and it looks like a nice travel wing of the same design but even smaller and available in a lot of colors if that is a plus for you.
32lb:
HOG Gear 32lb Wing for Single Cylinder Diving - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

I love my Alpha/Delta, in the last week I've done single tank sidemount, double tank sidemount and single tank back mount dives all with the same wing and it's super easy to change back and forth. Big thumbs up for the A/D!

Have you dove a mach V or just the alpha/delta? How does it handle the bubble? Do you get perfectly trimmed with the single backmounted?

---------- Post Merged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Do you dive an STA or not? I assume you do since the Oxycheq looks like it needs one.

If you do, although I know you said price isn't a concern, I've had great experiences with the DRIS wing and it just happens to be one of the cheapest wings to boot. It has the inner bladder that you seek.

DRIS Dive Gear 28lb Trianta Wing - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

If you don't want to use an STA, I'm sure these would be a great wings also.

23lb:
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/23lb-single-tank-wing-p-3202.html

Otherwise Oxycheq has been a good brand and it looks like a nice travel wing of the same design but even smaller and available in a lot of colors if that is a plus for you.
32lb:
HOG Gear 32lb Wing for Single Cylinder Diving - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

The oxycheq has intergrated STA device.

To be honest, I've only ever dove the DRIS wing. I took 6 years off from diving and started diving back in May. Since then I've had around 30 dives.

I probably had about 6 dives in when I did some pool work with 50Fathom (GUE trained NAUI instructor). He shot video to give me feedback during the post dive debrief and he showed me that my trim was locked on, especially when I started swimming. Sometimes when I hovered I'd be in a slight head up position (as seen in my profile pic ) and I had a little bit of 'happy feet'. I've since dumped 3 more lbs of lead and my feet feel less 'happy'.

So considering skill and equipment, I think this wing handles just fine. Eitherway, I'm guessing this isn't the right wing for you then because it doen't have an integrated STA. I dive with a Highland STA and the added cost puts you closer to the other wings that also seem nice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom