Is an i3 BC a good buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I've been certified for a few years now, but now I'm looking into buying my own rig. I looked around for a while on some of the different sites, and found the i3 BC system from Aqualung. I was wondering if it's any better then a normal BC inflate/deflate system and the pros/cons of the system itself(the site wasn't very descriptive)

I own the Dimension i3 and love it. Here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bu...ht-systems/370866-aqua-lung-dimension-i3.html is a good thread that talks all about the Dimension. They also have the Axiom now which is a regular jacket style BC versus the Dimension which is a back inflate. The Axiom also has the new tank lock system whereas the Dimension uses the normal threaded velcro strap.
The main difference I noticed was that when you want to release air from the BC you no longer have to hold your inflator hose up above you, just flip a switch. The manual inflator tucks nicely away as well and leaves your left shoulder free of anything dangling, combined with the hose routing options on the back of the wing it is a fairly streamlined recreational rig. Good luck with your decision.

The Dimension i3 is my favorite and I love the i3 system.

Thanks!! I'm looking into the Axiom, sense I've never been diving with a back inflate before.

Back
Top Bottom