Gopro Underwater Houssing SARTEK Flat Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Myka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HD HERO HOUSING modified by Sartek for underwater use.

on sartek industry website (sarind.com), you can read :

"The original HD port had a magnification property to it that caused underwater images to be out of focus. This magnification reduced the field of view by about 10% to about 110 degrees in 1080P mode. The Sartek modification replaces the original port with a undistorted borosilica window (other after market manufacturers use a plastic window which can distort or cloud the image) and returns the 1080P field of view to 127 degrees (on the surface and of course underwater objects appear closer). There is some vignetting at lower resolutions, as the camera can see a full 170 degrees, with our modification (this can be cropped through software).

This mod has been tested to 240'+ We warranty it to the orginal 180' GOPRO specification. Every housing is wet depth tested to 220' prior to shipping..
."

There is no vignetting in R5 mode. I went deep (180ft) with this housing and I never have a problem.
I'am selling it because I will get an other housing for going deeper than 180ft ;-)

IMG_8432.jpgIMG_8434.jpgIMG_8435.jpg

Price new is $100, I'am selling mine $45 included shipping.
It is in very good condition, there is NO SCRATCH ON THE LENS.

let me know if you have more questions
Mickael

Attachments

• IMG_8433.jpg
    IMG_8433.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 270
$40 included shipping in USA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom