Atom 3.0: Unusual display behavior

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DocCarl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up an Atom 3.0 back in March to replace my Pro Plus 2 as my primary PDC. I've logged 41 dives with it during that time. Shortly after getting the Atom, I noticed something unusual while free diving with the computer. While descending to about 15', the display became. . 'scrambled'. Every character began flashing & flickering at random, rendering the display illegible. After a few seconds the display returned to normal. On the surface, I noticed that I had failed to put the computer in free dive mode. I thought, perhaps, that this somehow had contributed to the erratic screen behavior. Since then, I have not had any other issues with the computer.

Until today.

This morning, while diving at about 45', the screen scrambled again. This of course resulted in me loosing any indication of depth, time and tank pressure. The behavior persisted for approximately 20-30 seconds. After this time, things went back to normal. i didn't notice any other problems for the remainder of the dive, nor were there any issues on the following dive.

The only thing I can think of is that the screen scrambling could be somehow related to loss of transmitter signal. When I noticed this while free diving, I first noticed that the Atom flashing the pressure number characters (as I said, I accidentally left it in normal dive mode) before the whole LCD went wacky. Perhaps tank pressure was lost today, causing the phenomena.

Has anyone else had an experience similar to this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carl

The contact for the board and the display screen are losing contact, It happened to a friend of mine from down under. The only thing you can do is send it back for service. Give oceanic a call if you email the service dept you may not get a answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom