Good low volume black freediving masks with prescription lenses for flat Asian faces?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fuzzybabybunny

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I currently where a scuba mask with prescription lenses. It kinda sucks - lots of internal reflections and it takes a lot of air to equalize. Anyone have recommendations?

Yep! These are low volume and you can get it in a black skirt. Good quality. Good price.

Prescription Scuba Diving Masks - Snorkeling Masks - SeaVisionUSA

Unless I'm missing something here, these are not what I'd call low volume from a freediver's perspective.

When I was starting out, I ran out of ability to clear my ears way before I ran out of breath hold. Switching to an ultra-low volume mask added 10 meters.

...fuzzy, I wear my contacts under a Sphera without issue. You might try that.

All the best, James

Edit: There are lots of ultra-low volume freediving masks that use glass. Find a tiny mask that fits, and try prescriptiondivemasks to put your correction into them.

...Well, don't I look like the stupid one...I only looked at the pictures.....there's a lame excuse if I've ever heard one...!!!

Please accept my apologies.

Sheesh. <smacks head>

All the best, James

Hi Fuzzy:

I settled on the Aqua Lung Micro mask. I have seen men and women wear these without issues and the lenses are made of glass, unlike some other freediving masks. Can't believe how good the field of vision this mask provides ( not as widevas my Riffe Frameless but i can clear it in quarter of a breath) and clears very easily. As with all personal items, your experience will vary. I tried some other by Scuba Pro and Omer but I preferred the AL micro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom