oceanic veo 100nx, 180, or 200 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After nine years and a couple repairs on my aeris atmos II I am thinking of breaking down and getting
a new computer. My aeris is still working but the area on the lower right that would display dive time
and actual time has started acting up a bit. Will keep this one as a back-up as the depth, minutes
to deco, and nitrogen saturation do still work. I really never used or plan on using the download thing
and in fact rarely if ever remember using the back lite mode on my current computer. I actually like
the two button veo 200 but it looks as if the display numbers are a bit smaller than the veo 100nx. The
price is close so my choice will lean a bit toward the larger numbers on the screen. Has anyone used
both the veo 100nx and veo 200 and can comment on the display. I'm pretty well decided on oceanic.
The 180 seems like it is not mentioned as often wondering how this compares to 100nx and 200 ?
Thanks in advance for any comments on any of these models.

Last edited:
VEO 180NX is no longer available. It´s already discontinued. VEO 100 has n o download capability. 180 does.
I have a 180NX and I´m quite happy with it. Though I only need glasses to read, I do not need them underwater to read the PDC display.

Well if your looking at new computers all the ones you listed are disco, They were replaced with the VEO 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. With that being said I would not purchase any of them. The Hollis DG02 is the same computer as the old VEO 180 but with the new dual algorithm and can be had at ScubaToys for $225 with the ScubaBoard 10% discount. I started out with the VEO 180 and then upgraded to the VEO 3.0 and now use a ScubaPro tech 2G, I wish I had my Veo 180 back. The 180/ DG02 is only one gas, the 3.0 and 2G are two gasses. I find the two gas feature pretty much pointless, if I'm doing a dive using a second (deco) gas I'll be cutting tables and diving my computers in gauge mode anyway. I also find the "higher end" computers more complicated and they add features I have no use for anyway. Now if DSS would make a boot for the DG02 I would call it the perfect computer, but until then I will just call it a really good deal for a simple computer that you will never outgrow.

Not to hijack the thread, but does ScubaToys still give a 10% discount to ScubaBoard members?

Not to hijack the thread, but does ScubaToys still give a 10% discount to ScubaBoard members?

They did on my last order a couple of months ago.

Well if your looking at new computers all the ones you listed are disco, They were replaced with the VEO 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0. .

It looks like the 1.0 is a nitrox computer and the older veo 100 came in either air or nitrox model ? I like the oceanic and looks like the 1.0 is very close to the same display as my old aeris. Will look at the hollis but will probably end up with the 1.0 since the display does seem a bit larger with the numbers. I will have to see the 1.0 and 2.0 side by side to compare the display. I'm used to the two button menu system and the veo 2.0 has this but if the display is larger on the veo 1.0 it would be my choice. Don't need back lite or downloadable function but really appreciate a larger display.

Back
Top Bottom