Oceanic OCS Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gstrek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am considering replacing an Oceanic VEO 100 with the OCS. I had an issue with the VEO eating batteries and sent it back to factory for repair. That issue seems to be resolved for now (we will see after an upcoming dive trip).

For those using the OCS, have you had any problems with the battery life or anything other issues?

Thanks.

Excellent, thank you. The VEO was very frustrating when after a few days of diving, the battery died. And died again a few days later. It was not expensive, at least compared to the OCS.

Do you find the OCS easy to read and use? Is the compass usable? Is it a DC you could wear as an everyday watch (I like to replay my dives in the middle of a Detroit winter!)?

Thanks for your vote of confidence, 'north florida divers', on the OCS.

read that replacing the veo 100 with NON sony or panasonic batteries tends to kill the life dramaticlly. Might be worth checking out before you discard.

I've also read about using Sony or Panasonic batteries. These are not so easy to find at the local store. I recall reading that Energizer might work but haven't tried them yet.

I know that the Duracells do NOT last in the VEO. FWIW, I also have a Suunto Vyper with a Duracell and no problem with battery life.

I don't plan to dump the VEO as it is a backup or for my dive buddy-daughter to use as her primary computer. An upgrade to the OCS would be nice (Nitrox, compass, size, reliability are main attributes I like).

Thanks,

I have a OCS and a Atom 3.0. I like the menu setup in the OCS better. I have about 100 dives on the OCS and no battery problems at all. The compass beats nothing, use it to keep from getting "turned around" in the gulf.

The OCS is an amazing computer, no complants here. We have them I can send you one, It comes with the one year warrenty and 30 satisfation guarentee. So you have use it dive it as much as you want. If you are not fully satisfied then send it back for a full refund.

Back
Top Bottom