Zeagle N2ition Download

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eweingarden

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I recently bought the Zeagle N2ition computer and download cable, and loaded the dive log software on to my Windows XP computer. The first time I plugged the USB cable into the computer, some type of files were also loaded on the computer. I've now attempted to do a download from the dive computer into the dive log book, and nothing happens. I keep getting the message "Please connect PC interface with PC and connect the device". Of note is that when I plug something into a USB port, I always get a pop up stating that a new hardware device has been found; this does not happen when I plug in the N2ition cable. Does anyone have any experience with this computer and download cable? Thanks.

Ed

I have the same computer (under a different name). Yes, the first time I connected, I had the "new hardware" notice, but I've had it for a while so I don't know how XP would respond.

Just to make sure.... are you in the "transfer data" window of the log? Is the N2ition in the PC mode? Are you CERTAIN the connectors are directly over/under each other? It's very easy for one or both to be off to the side. Once all that is done, you click the "start transfer" button on the logging software?

fire diver - My computer is actually an IST PG 3000, which is the same as the Zeagle. I'm using DiveLogBook, which I downloaded from the Zeagle web site. The Help menu in the program says to open the Tools menu, then use the transfer choice. There is no "Transfer" option; there is "GetLogData" but when I use that, I get the message "Please connect PC interface with PC and connect the device". If there is a specific log book for the IST, I'm not aware of it. Any other thoughts?

BTW - I'm attempting the download in the PC mode, and there appears to be good contact between the computer and the clip. I do have to adjust the USB end of the cable in my computer to get the clip light to stay on.

Ed

Sounds like you have different software. I downloaded the Apeks software (free online download) for my computer.

I'll try that.

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:05 PM ----------

fire diver - I downloaded the Apeks software; as it turns out, it's the same one that I got from Zeagle. However, there was a step in which I had to identify the dive computer I am using in order to load the correct pluggin; I didn't do that previously. The other thing I discovered is that if the contacts are off by less than a nanometer, the connection isn't made; what a poor design. Bottom line - I got it working! Thanks for your input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom