Express or Sriwijaya UPG-SOQ-UPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bqualls

Contributor
Reaction score
Our LOB is booking our internal flights for us and has given a choice--connection times about the same. Not too concerned about the comments on previous posts about lack of seat pitch on Express b/c we are well under 6 ft......any thoughts?

I can tell you I flew that route on Sriwijaya early this year...have never flown any flight on Express. Only can say Srijiwaya planes were on time, and I don't remember anything about the plane that sticks out in terms of pitch/overall comfortability being much different than any other flight I took on any Indo trip. One thing about Srijiwaya is that you can buy tickets online with a US credit card...so might be able to save a buck or two maybe from what the liveaboard might be charging. You definitely can't do that with Express..in fact I haven't ever found a way to even see their prices online, and whenever I've looked into them they were always prohibitively expensive compared to other Indo airlines.

On Express is the same airplane that goes from Jakarta stops in Makassar and then goes to Sorong
With the other airlines you change planes in transit. Sriwijaya offers options with longer transfer time of 2.30 hours if that makes you feel better
Express runs a manual booking system and you can only book tickets one months before departure and only offer economy
Sriwijaya has 8 seats with bigger seats (business)

Was just about to say what Interceptor said about Express Air! It is a pain ( I occasionally help guests to book tickets!) that we can only do it 30 days in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom