Smallest Wing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rich Keller

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I am tweaking an idea for attaching a wing to a non traditional backplate and wanted to know what was the smallest wing available. Any links for your suggestions that would show me specs for that wing would be very helpful also.

The smallest one that I know of and am currently diving with is the Hollis S-Series. It is very stream lined, I love it.
Hollis Gear: S Series

Are you teaching your chihuahua to dive with a pony tank?

No my dog is smart enough to know better then to go diving. I am not as smart as my dog so I am trying to match a small wing to a commercial dive harness to use as a travel rig. The problem is the wings all seem to attach along the center line of the backplate but with this type of harness that is where the tank would be. I have used this harness with tanks as small as 30 cu/ft and as large as 80 cu/ft. But my primary use would be with a 30 for shallow water beach dives.

No my dog is smart enough to know better then to go diving. ..... But my primary use would be with a 30 for shallow water beach dives.
:D

Good luck with this project, please post pix when you're done.

For shallow water dives with a 30 why go with any wing? Get your weighting nailed and just go old school. Be like Mike, Nelson that is! If it's just for flotation at the surface wear a snorkel vest.

I agree with Jim. Or you could simply make your own wing using heat sealable material or an MSR / Camelbak bag.

I agree with Jim, just chuck the wing all together. I just spent 2 weeks on Bonaire diving al 80s than way (Zeagle ET with the bladder removed)...and I was carrying a camera. With little to no wetsuit, reasonable tanks- no steel doubles-and proper weighting, there is no need for a wing at all from a buoyancy perspective. Off shore I like one to act as surface floatation but from shore I don't bother with one.

Back
Top Bottom