Grand Turk Dive Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I looked at the dive map and there are many sites to choose from. Any advice? I am also going solo if anybody wants to join me in mid -October.

They're all good. Depends on what you want. One of the nice things about GT is that in the space of 6 miles you can get just about anything you find in the Caribbean (except drift diving). If you like overhanging walls try Tunnels, Black Forrest, Cecil's (aka Rolling Hills or Alpine Meadows). For swim throughs try McDonald's, Tunnels, Amphitheater, Gorgonians going South, Cecil's either North or South. If you like big Bommies on white sand Alien Nation, Maze, Annex and inshore from Library up to and including Black Smith Rock. Amphitheater North to McDonald's is a great dive if you have the legs/lungs for it. If you like deep diving, the wall off English point gets pretty spectacular below 80' and amazing after 152'. If you like creature hunts the Pits is pretty neat as is inshore of English Point. The North End (fish pond, aquarium) has some hills and valleys and "points" that jut out into the areas where bigger fish might be hanging out.

I have dived/dove/done all over the Caribbean and GT is my favourite place to dive. For the diving and the people.

Back
Top Bottom