Atom 3.1 Transmitter issue (not detecting tank pressure)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

silverblade

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello

I just picked up an Atom 3.1 with transmitter at my local dive shop. When I got home I added the serial numbers to the software, then updated the computer. I then put the transmitter on a full tank and turned on the Atom 3.1 set to surface mode. The Atom shows no pressure in the tank ("000") and after a little time the zeros start flashing, then "flashing hypens ("----") appear, but the tank pressure never appears.

Does it sound like I got a lemon or is there something I missed.

Thanks much for any help.

Mike

atom3_transmitter_issue.jpg

Have you checked the battery in the transmitter?

I checked the battery and it is in place correctly. Being brand new, I would hope that it has a charge, but I will probably get a new one today just to see.

Let us know how it goes. If it turns out it still doesn't work drop it off at your local Oceanic dealer or call 1-800-435-3483 and we will get you a replacement.

Ok, the battery was the culprit. I put in a new battery and I works fine now.
Maybe Oceaninc should consider shipping the unit without the battery connected?
Buying a brand new unit with a dead battery on the day of sale is no fun.

Thanks much for the input.

Mike

Transmitters from what little I know, only use battery life once pressure is applied. (they turn on)

Back
Top Bottom