Pro Plus 2.0 battery change question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaSoulSelf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My DH had a low battery indicator on his PP2... First time to change the battery.

He is using the OEM kit and read the manual, but it is not clear on where to seat the o-ring.

Figure 97a on page 88 of the manual doesn't really show anything, but as we understand, the o-ring goes in the groove surrounding the battery compartment. In his mind, it would make more sense to place the o-ring on the battery hatch, and then seat it.

Does he place the o-ring in the groove and push it into the groove of the compartment? Seems quite imprecise.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344803441.929769.jpg

Can anyone provide clarification? TIA

Hi leoconnor,

If you put the o-ring on the bottom side of the hatch, there is a notch that will prevent the o-ring from sliding out of position. Use this photo for reference.

ProPlus2BatteryHatch.jpg
Hopefully it's big enough to make out the o-ring. Let me know if you need any more help!

-Mike

BINGO! Pic is very helpful..

On behalf of my DH Mike -- Thanks Mike!!

(Now I won't have to leave him at the dock, :D )

Place it on the hatch first then set it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom