BCD Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nereus

Registered
Reaction score
I'm looking for a BCD and have used a Seaquest in a 2xl. I've tried a couple on at my LDS, but was wondering if certain brands run larger than others? Can an XL BCD fit depending on brand?

Any brands that you can think of?

I can't say what to try, but I can say what NOT to try. My Seaquest ProQD is a Medium.. i recently had to use a 3 different Scubapro BC's and they were size large and quite snug. Granted I'm a recovering bodybuilder lol.. so my shoulders aren't quite down to normal size yet... but Scubapro seems to run a bit smaller than Seaquest.

I wore an extra large scubapro glide plus. I now wear a large zeagle. Although I've lost 20 lbs since heart surgery the zeagle still fits. But it fit fine with the extra weight too. Clearly size varies with different companies. Make sure you physically try them before you buy one.

One thing that seems to be a factor is where the BC is made. Asian made BC's seem to run smaller. I know for a fact that my Oceanic medium was smaller than the Zeagle medium I tried when I had it. Now I dive a BPW or Zeagle Express Tech and fit is no longer any issue at all. I fit the BC to me. Not me to it. Major difference in fit, stability, and comfort.

I hate to say this, but here I go anyway: Get a BP/w, it works as well, possibly better, but ONE SIZE FITS ALL!

Well, let's address it solely from the sizing issue.

Back
Top Bottom