Dive Report Grand Narrows Cape Breton Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ML2010

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
icon_biggrin.gif
Dive Report Grand Narrows Cape Breton Nova Scotia
Did two dives last week with Michael G. (Sorry German spelling would be even worse than my English) at Grand Narrows, Cape Breton Nova Scotia. I think a lot of divers come to Cape Breton and don't realize there is good diving here. At Grand narrows there is a barge wreck (Sank in the 1950's) only a few minutes from shore. Water temperature last week was 21 degrees celsius on the surface and 18 degrees on the bottom (max depth 60 feet). There is a current due to tidal flow throught the narrows, but Michael (Google Easydive Capre Breton) times the dives to minimalize this. The wreck is covered in sea life, and there is an occasional lobster lurking under nearby rocks. This is a beautiful area-the drive to the site runs through the hills of Cape Breton and along the shore of the Bras Dor lakes-well worth doing if you are in Cape Breton.​

I have property not far from here and was to do this dive with Michael but he had to cancel. Will do it next time we are down for sure!!. So glad to hear it's so enjoyable.

The Grand Narrows Waterfront Development Group hopes to have a meeting in May 2013 of interested diving stakeholders to explore how and why to promote the Barra Strait of Cape Breton as a good diving destination. The Barra Strait is apparently a great spot due to bridges, ship wrecks current swept vistas. Currents represent a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom