White Star Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Barracuda2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Any one have any details on what happened to the diver at White Star?

....I also just found out about the death at Gilboa!!! So Tragic!

...Sorry, the accident at Gilboa was an earlier one; from 2011. I read the post date incorrectly.

Last edited:
Any one have any details on what happened to the diver at White Star?

....I also just found out about the death at Gilboa!!! So Tragic!

...Sorry, the accident at Gilboa was an earlier one; from 2011. I read the post date incorrectly.

The incident is described in more detail in the Public Safety Diver Forum.

Quarry dwellers seem to have their own set of rules. They think they are diving the great lakes, but they would never make it out there. Just because you are diving deep doesn't make you a great lake lakes diver. Just sayin from experience.

Quarry dwellers seem to have their own set of rules. They think they are diving the great lakes, but they would never make it out there. Just because you are diving deep doesn't make you a great lake lakes diver. Just sayin from experience.

Jim, this is a broad generalization IMHO.

I respectfully disagree and am sorry you feel this way.

Quarry dwellers seem to have their own set of rules.

Seriously? That's your take away from that?? How does this accident have ANYTHING to do with diving quarries vs inland lakes vs large lakes vs the ocean? An accident occurred and someone died at a quarry and your take away is "see ... you guys that dive quarries really aren't big boy divers and don't have a clue". That's just lame.

---------- Post Merged at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Just because you are diving deep doesn't make you a great lake lakes diver.

Again ... what the heck are you talking about? The victim was diving in 40' of water! And who said diving deep makes you a "great lake lakes diver"? You can dive deep outside of the Great Lakes and you can dive shallow in the Great Lakes, and vice versa. What the heck is your point?

Swimjim seems to want to start a heated conversation......and has it seems. Really wish people would think before they post.

For convenience, here are links to the other accident threads for this incident:

From the Public Safety Divers Forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pu...sugar-creek-volunteer-fire-department-oh.html

From the Accident Forum:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/accidents-incidents/430028-ohio-student-fatality.html

As for the discussion on Quarry Diving / Great Lakes Diving / And any other kind of diving....
Please take that to another separate thread if you all wish to continue discussing it. It is inappropriate for this thread discussing the accident as it has no bearing on the incident. This isn't the accident forum so please be respectful.

And above all .... Stay with your dive buddy! (wingman) The stories are always better over cocktails so save the best stuff for the M&G Hope to see ya there.... Stay safe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom