sherwood wisdom 2 clock & depth issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Casco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I bought a sherwood wisdom 2 dive computer about 1-1/2 months ago. Yesterday i notices that it showed the time abuot 5 minutes behind the real time. Im sure i set it correctly whe i took it out of of the box. Anyone has gor this issue? It also shows a depth 1 ft shallower than my buddies' computer/ console. I wonder...

The Sherwood computers have an issue with not keeping an accurate count of time of day. My Profile, my friend's profile, my friend's Genesis brand Profile, my other friend's Wisdom 2: they all don't keep track of time-of-day after several ONs & OFF's from the computer. Eventually they become a few minutes off. Mine's likes to set a few minutes faster.

If not corrected you can eventually be 30mins off from the actual time.
Dive time still holds up though. It's only when the computer is turned back on from sleep that the clock fluctuates.

The depth thing you don't have to worry about. Mine was always 3ft away from my school's Oceanic Veo's. But a pressure test showed that mine was in fact spot on. Different brands of computers will read different depths within reason; it has to do with the depth sensor, not every manufacturer uses the same one I guess.

Many dive computers have a problem with keeping good time. Buy a Citizen watch if you want an accurate clock. My Aeris looses time, but is a great dive computer. The depth is generally accurate within a foot. My dive computers are within 1ft of one another throughout the depth range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom