Bali end of January

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jdfmail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm heading to Bali the last week of Jan. I see that it's not the best time to go but it's a short jump from Bangkok and we're only staying 4 nights. Anyway, I was thinking about staying somewhere that has a nice beach in case the weather is decent. We're most likely only diving one or two of the days there. So I was wondering where the nice beaches are? I stayed in Nusa Dua before and it's lovely but very expensive. Are there other beaches as lovely or close elsewhere? How about Sanur?

If you chose nusa Dua last time, then you're already smart enough to stay the hell away from Kuta. Sanur is quiet and pretty. The beach is basically one long sidewalk with little restaurants and so on along it, and a few meters of sand between there and the still water. If surf is partially what defines a beach for you, then it might not be for you.

I've stayed in Kuta for one night on my last trip. It was a meeting point for me and a buddy before we moved on to a diving safari. Won't find me anywhere near there again :wink:. What I am looking for is a nice clean white sand beach with little or no hawkers and a hotel on the beach. Last time I was at the Westin which was quite nice. I'm looking to spend less than $100 a night as apposed to 3-400 if possible.

If you like Nusa dua, you may like benoa as well. I personally prefer Benoa than ND - more water sport activities, even scuba diving (better than nothing)
very close to ND but far less expensive, around $100 for 4star hotel. Have stayed in Melia benoa and love it.
Or if you like surfing, try dreamland beach, big wave, favourite place for surfing. much less hawker than kuta

Benoa and Dreamland were going to be my recommendations as well. Bali isn't known for beautiful white-sand beaches. You might consider going to Gili for the white sand beach, though. Cheap enough, too. You just have to fly in early enough to get a ferry over there.

Thanks Quero and Wisnu, I think I'll try Benoa as it seems nice and easy. The Novatel looks good at around $100/night.

Back
Top Bottom