using weight keepers as weight keepers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buddhasummer

Down under...
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I decided to make my own weight belt as I'm here for a while. I have a question about using weight keepers, I have a few lying around so thought I'd use them to stop the lead moving around on the belt. Do you use a weight keeper either side of the lead of just one on top after threading through first slot. I've tried both ways and both seem to work fine just wondering what the norm is. I figure most people don't use as I've never seen a weight belt with weight keepers on it. Cheers.

One on weight, in the middle where the belt threads back towards the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either, if it works, it works. In a pinch a twist of the belt once threaded through part of the weight works as well.

One on weight, in the middle where the belt threads back towards the inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1, it requires half the number of keepers.

---------- Post Merged at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:08 AM ----------

+1, it requires half the number of keepers.
Just re-thought this, not always half; it could require more. (2 weights = less, 4 weights = the same, 6 weights = more.)

+1 for the half twist method. I've never had a weight move on the belt while doing this. One less thing to buy, one less thing to lose.

Either, if it works, it works. In a pinch a twist of the belt once threaded through part of the weight works as well.

Yup, when I show my students weight belts and using them, I show them the "twist".

I use two keepers with D-rings one on either side of the weight. The D-rings allows for hanging the belt off the side of the boat while taking off gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom