Really Close Call

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

in too deep

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
A big thanks goes out to John Ivanic for saving a diver's life yesterday in Brockville!

As John and I surfaced from our dive, 1 of 3 divers was entering the water, we all chatted for a couple of minutes.... I took off my fins and mask, released my scooter and stage bottle, for some reason John stayed geared up only to pull his mask below his chin, the diver entering the water found his own area to wait for his buddies.
As John and I talked about our dive I heard some thrashing and noticed over his shoulder that the diver had drifted slightly of shore and was bobbing and weaving. I said "John, this guy needs help", John scoots over and grabs the guy just as his head is about to go under. As John pushed him to shore support came down to assist in getting the diver to safety. He was in a state of shock after swallowing an amount of water...The paramedics showed up and administered aid, as he was being wheeled to the ambulance he was somewhat more coherent and thanked John for saving his life.

This thread is not to bash the diver for what went wrong rather than to thank John for his heroic behavior.

Irrelevant of the cause or issues thereof, any, and I mean any rescue that helps one out and saves a life, is an outstanding accomplishment! Good show!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom