Hollis or Diverite harness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkandls

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am trying to decide between the Hollis Elite 2 harness or the DiveRite Transpac harness. I need at least one buckle on the shoulder strap for ease of donning & taking off. Any recommendations or suggestions please. Thanks

You are comparing apples to oranges. Hollis Elite harness is for a back plate, Dive Rite has a comparable harness. The Transpac is a soft pack that you add a wing to like a BP, also Hollis sells a comparable product. So the real question is do you want a soft PAC or a BP. I have used the Transpac and use a hogarthian(sp) BP/W I have not used the Elite but am looking at getting one for one of my 5 back plates just to have some options. Both will serve you well. If you think you want to dive doubles a BP is better option, can be done with a Transpac but not as well as a BP. Then again I started thinking I would use the same plate for singles and doubles but have keep buying gear.(it is a total pain in the ars to switch back and forth). Both companies have great products and I can recommend both comfortably. What brand of gear does your LDS sell? Buying from them is a great idea because they will be able to help fine tune your setup once it arrives.

thanks, I am thinking of just putting one buckle on the shoulder strap. I was not looking at the full transpac, just the harness.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom