Hollis DG03

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boatman11

New
Reaction score
how is your experience with the DG03? i just recently bought it and still getting to know the device and i haven't dove with it.

Boatman, I'm interested in your perspective. This comp was suggested and I'm interested in it. Thanks.

TNRonin,

I finally was able to take the DG03 out on a couple of dives today. I have to say, the unit has a friendly user interface. Its pretty straight forward and simple. I like it.

Boatman11

Thanks for responding! Please keep me advised if you have any issues. I've got to save for a little while so I'm researching as much as possible.

I have recently purchased a DG03 and like it a lot. Much easier to use than other multiple nitrox computers I have used in the past. I have used it with only two gasses but think it will be just as easy to use with 3. I considered the transmitter for rec dives just for the novelty but I have better uses for the money. I highly recommend the computer, it can grow with you. IMHO three gasses are a bit unnecessary as one deco gas is fine until I add He but then you need a more advanced computer. Although I could see using three gasses on my next trip to Bonaire. It takes a little getting used to but is initiative.

Paul, thanks a bunch!

Will do TNRonin. And another thing, prior purchasing my unit, I did some vendor research and compared prices. I learned that some vendors have it listed for $349, and some have it listed for over $500. You're call... The unit is sold only by itself, with instructions manual in a CD and a wrench for the battery port. The PC Link hardware(wires, etc...) did not come with it, neither did the wireless transmitter.

Dive safe! :)

Thanks for the review. Been interested in dg03 myself buy there isn't much info about them from users.
Wouldnt imagine $350 unit would be any different to $500. Although a think it might come with digital compass.
Cheers

The DG03 is capable of using 3 wireless transmitters, from what I saw was the $500 units come with the transmitter while the $350 units were just the computer. But you have to check before you buy to make sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom