ScubaPro Knighthawk vs Seahawk BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seanothon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all. I'm about to buy my first BCD and I've narrowed it down to either the Knighthawk or Seahawk. I have dove in both of them and they appear to be extremely similar aside from the pockets. I don't actually see myself using the pockets too much, especially underwater, so I was seeing if anyone had any input on one vs the other.

Why not the LiteHawk? If you have the budget for these BC's and not looking at pocket use this is perfect. Loads of lift, clear/streamlined, back inflation, small and compact.

Why not the LiteHawk? If you have the budget for these BC's and not looking at pocket use this is perfect. Loads of lift, clear/streamlined, back inflation, small and compact.

I am not a fan of weight belts. I like that they are integrated.

The Litehawk does have weight integration. It comes as an accessory. You don't even have to buy it from ScubaPro, you can use any quick-release weight pockets on the market that thread on 2in webbing. Should you lose one, you now have more choices as to a replacement and don't have to hunt for a particular one.

The Litehawk does have weight integration. It comes as an accessory. You don't even have to buy it from ScubaPro, you can use any quick-release weight pockets on the market that thread on 2in webbing. Should you lose one, you now have more choices as to a replacement and don't have to hunt for a particular one.

Could you send me a link to the accessory. Is this what you mean SCUBAPRO - POCKET WEIGHT BELTS

I would stick with the KnightHawk or SeaHawk based on your needs.

I have the knighthawk. I like it alright but sometimes wish the pockets were a little larger. In my left pocket I have a small back up flashlight.
The right pocket is a little weird to use because it has the large roll out pocket in it. I don't like the pocket rolled out so I don't really use it. I have a signal mirror rolled up into it. The reason I would like to have a little larger pocket is to carry a fold up snorkel or to carry a map in it. I have a map for the local quarry in a waterproof bag. If I want to carry it I have to roll out the pocket.

It's not bad at all. Those are just my comments about the pockets so far.

I have the KnightHawk also, and use the rollout pocket for my gopro and have on several occasions wanted another pocket.

@Beaverdivers: I missed it somewhere, please highlight the needs again?

I own the Knighthawk, travel with it, used to dive it for all my diving, carried enough weight and had enough lift to dive my dry suit, adjusted enough to use with a 3 mil. I love the Scubapro buckle, weight pockets and with the optional crotch strap it is almost as stable as my bp/w. the pocket issue never bothered me, since my backup light fit in the little left side pocket. Mine is 6 years old, and I have enough confidence in it to give it to my son in law when he finishes his o/w class.

Back
Top Bottom