Suunto Zoop not showing NDL time during dives?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmneill

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Just as the title states, newer Suunto Zoop is not showning the normal no deco times it used to. Everything else seems to be functioning properly. Any ideas? It is not a problem with the screen, and I don't see anything on it in the manual...

That might be it. My Vyper usually displays -- if you are not diving deep enough while my Cressi reads 200 minutes.

Don't have a Zoop but I do have a Mosquito. It'll just show "---" for the NDL time until I've gone deep enough for it to calculate something worth showing to me.

BTW, I'm sure it's just a poor choice of words but NDL and "deco time" are two different things. I'm sure we know that though. :)

Need to dive deeper than 33ft, anything under that will give you infinite NDL

My Zoop displays '--' in shallow water.

I have a Cobra and it won't show anything unless I am closer to 30', or sometimes if I have done several shallow dives I might get a NDL display towards the end of the day.

That might be it. My Vyper usually displays -- if you are not diving deep enough while my Cressi reads 200 minutes.

That must be it then. I had previously only used this computer on deep dives, and my more recent dives have been relatively shallow. It was a quick dive day before yesterday to 73' that got me wondering. Guess it just wasn't enough to kick it in.
Thanks for the replies...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom