Any Tips on how to get to (or close to) Raja Ampat on FF Miles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpeckledGrouper

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am slowly starting to gather information for (hopefully) a trip to Raja Ampat for the end of 2013. From the looks of things it will be around 30 hours to get to Jakarta alone. We do need to stop there to visit with some people I do business with. Has anybody done the trip on Frequent Flyer miles? Any suggestions are appreciated.

You don't mention who your FF miles are with. We are using OneWorld miles (from AA) to get as far as Singapore and then I just purchased tickets today from there to Manado and then to Sorong. Singapore (Silk) goes as far as Manado so if you had Star Allinace, you may be able to get "almost" there.

Star Alliance miles (United/Singapore Air/Silkair) will get you to Jakarta, Manado or Denpasar. One World miles (American/Cathay Pacific) to Jakarta, Singapore or Denpasar. Direct domestic flights are available from Manado or Jakarta to Sorong..

I got miles in Star Alliance and One World. I did some checking and from Florida it's almost equal time to go west or east (Through Europe) to get there. Kmakay what time of year are you going and are you doing land based or liveaboard?

Star Alliance miles (United/Singapore Air/Silkair) will get you to Jakarta, Manado or Denpasar. One World miles (American/Cathay Pacific) to Jakarta, Singapore or Denpasar. Direct domestic flights are available from Manado or Jakarta to Sorong..

While I'm no expert even though Silk Air is owned by Singapore Air it's not part of the Star Alliance and you can't get to Manado on Star Alliance miles. I've tried to do it so unless something changed it can't be done.

While I'm no expert even though Silk Air is owned by Singapore Air it's not part of the Star Alliance and you can't get to Manado on Star Alliance miles. I've tried to do it so unless something changed it can't be done.

A quick check shows you're correct ... thank you.

I wonder if you where to book through Singapore's Krisflyer, it would be available. But I think their redemption charts are aweful. I'll check.

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Yes, it can be booked through Singapore Air/Krisflyer. Silk Air shows right up as their partner.
But they want 170k miles for business class.
I checked the United and Aeroplan sites and they don't have Manado as an option.

I wonder if you where to book through Singapore's Krisflyer, it would be available. But I think their redemption charts are aweful. I'll check.

---------- Post Merged at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Yes, it can be booked through Singapore Air/Krisflyer. Silk Air shows right up as their partner.
But they want 170k miles for business class.
I checked the United and Aeroplan sites and they don't have Manado as an option.

Yeah it make sense you can do it thru Singapore Air but since my FF card is with United I'm SOL. I have to book thru United to use my FF miles.

You can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points to Singapore Air, but still, it's a lot more miles than United.

Kmakay what time of year are you going and are you doing land based or liveaboard?
We are going in April and doing a live aboard (Indo Siren). We are also going to add on a few days in Lembeh Straits on the way back since Manado is jumping point to Sorong from Singapore.

We paid for our flight from Singapore to Manado. It was just over $400 a piece on Silk Air. The jump from Manado to Sorong is covered as part of our package for the liveaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom