WD-4 Dome.... for the trash, or...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uli Kunkel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey there!

I was shooting some awesomely outrageous images with the WD-4 dome for my trusty G10, turned around and banged the darn thing right into a rock!

Now, with a huge scratch in the middle of the dome, I wonder what my options are?
I hear that you can sand out the scratches in an acrylic dome, but the WD-4 feels like glass? Is it?

Thanks for the help!

Uli Kunkel,

Small scratches will usually fill with water and not be seen underwater, however, large scratches or gouges will produce soft spots in your images.

The dome is made of acrylic and will need to be replaced. Cost is $100 plus shipping.

Please send WD-4 along with a brief letter of explanation or this thread, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Yea, take some photos and make SURE the scratch is causing a problem. Most likely you'll never see it in the photos.

-Charles

Yes, the dome is most certainly scratched!

I currently live in Thailand, is it possible to get the dome repaired here (in an Ike dealer)? Im afraid the shipping cost might be quite high...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom