Nikonos V's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpani1

Registered
Reaction score
I recently retired all my Nikonos gear...sadly. I have an original Nik 15 mm (flat) lens with two Nik V bodies and twin Sea & Sea 350's. Anyone know where these could be sold? I'd take best offer. Also have a Subal housing for an N90. I just want them to get a home and don't want to think of what I paid for it all!

I recently retired all my Nikonos gear...sadly. I have an original Nik 15 mm (flat) lens with two Nik V bodies and twin Sea & Sea 350's. Anyone know where these could be sold? I'd take best offer. Also have a Subal housing for an N90. I just want them to get a home and don't want to think of what I paid for it all!
Did you raid my storage locker? I also have (had?:wink:) a NikonosV and a Subal housing for an N90. And an N90 (F90, maybe?). And a filing cabinet filled with thousands of slides, and a Nikon slidescanner, lightbox, loupes...lots of cool stuff. I did get rid of the mini-fridge filled with Velvia, Provia, and infrared, but there was a period there where I may have been the only Velvia owner in the Eastern United States.

Wow...I guess I did! Twin Nikonos/N90 graveyards! I just have to think that somewhere out there are budding u/w shooters who want to learn "real" photography. I heard of donating to one of the schools, like Scripps. I live on the West Coast, so Monterey is just a few hrs. away, but don't think Backscatter is interested. I remember how sought after my old Nik 15 (flat lens) was! There are very few nice ones around. Thanks for sharing...had a good laugh knowing there's an equipment clone out there! What are you shooting now?

---------- Post Merged at 07:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:17 AM ----------

Thanks, but was looking to see if anyone may have known of an organization I could donate to or something like that. I will list on classifieds as well.

---------- Post Merged at 07:22 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:17 AM ----------

I guess that came across as a silly question. I should have been more clear....I was looking to see if anyone may have known of an organization or school perhaps that I could donate the equipment to or something like that. I will list on classifieds as well.

Wow...I guess I did! Twin Nikonos/N90 graveyards! I just have to think that somewhere out there are budding u/w shooters who want to learn "real" photography. I heard of donating to one of the schools, like Scripps. I live on the West Coast, so Monterey is just a few hrs. away, but don't think Backscatter is interested. I remember how sought after my old Nik 15 (flat lens) was! There are very few nice ones around. Thanks for sharing...had a good laugh knowing there's an equipment clone out there! What are you shooting now?
The fifteens were highly prized lenses—I compromised and bought a twenty. I am shooting a D70 now, still in a Subal housing. I am about to put that on the block, but as usual I may have held it past its point of obsolescence.

I have a Nik V along with a 15mm, (2) 20mm, 35mm, couple ike strobes, Nikon strobe (102? the big one), and other misc stuff. Hate to get rid of it all but essentially worthless now. Don't want to think about how much money I have invested in it all.... The pictures it took were awesome even with my limited ability.

I sold my Nik Vs when I moved to SLRs / housing .... still got a Nik II and 20 mm lens, but misplaced the finder. Used to always keep it ready for that whale shark that still has to swim by the boat ..... have a GoPro for that job now

Did you raid my storage locker? I also have (had?:wink:) a NikonosV and a Subal housing for an N90. And an N90 (F90, maybe?). And a filing cabinet filled with thousands of slides, and a Nikon slidescanner, lightbox, loupes...lots of cool stuff. I did get rid of the mini-fridge filled with Velvia, Provia, and infrared, but there was a period there where I may have been the only Velvia owner in the Eastern United States.

What scanner? LS-4000s are about 700-800 on e-Bay, LS-5000s about $1800 (!!!).

Thanks, Chuck, I had no idea. I have the LS-4000.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom