RGBM now available for Liquivision Xeo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liquivision

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
We are very excited to announce the availability of Free Phase RGBM decompression software for the XEO dive computer – an implementation of Dr. Bruce Wienke’s ground-breaking decompression model for both recreational and technical divers. It is NOT Buhlmann-modified – it is the full iterative dual phase version of RGBM.

Free Phase RGBM has been developed by Brian McMillan and Matt Boone of RGBM Partners as a 3rd party software add-on to the XEO, has been in development and testing for over a year, and is now available for download directly from their website: Free Phase Diving | Better algorithms — better diving!

Beta-tester reviews have been overwhelmingly positive:

"Finally a dive computer that tracks nicely to the RGBM tables, and is intuitive to operate and easy to read in low light. As a tech diver I have been waiting for this hardware/software combination to come along and look forward to more leading edge products from Free Phase and Liquivision."
-Jeff Grezeszak, NAUI Instructor, Trimix Diver

"This version new version of RGBM runs with superb efficiency, has proven itself to me through extensive, rigorous testing in numerous varied environments and has convinced me to make it my primary method of ensuring my safety."
- Raymon W. Bacchus, NAUI & SDI Instructor Trainer, Trimix Diver

FreePhase RGBM for Xeo retails for $149.95. To install Free Phase RGBM on your Xeo, you will require a Liquivision Xeo PC Interface, available both from Liquivision and from Free Phase RGBM.

For more information, please contact RGBM Partners directly at: support@freephasedive.com

[h=3]****[/h][h=3]Q&A on Free Phase RGBM[/h][h=3][/h][h=3]What is Free Phase RGBM?[/h]Free Phase RGBM for the XEO dive computer is an implementation of Dr. Bruce Wienke’s ground breaking decompression model for both recreational and technical divers. It is NOT Buhlmann-modified – it is the full iterative dual phase version of RGBM.
[h=3][/h][h=3]Who Created Free Phase RGBM?[/h][h=3]Free Phase RGBM decompression software has been created by Brian McMillan and Matt Boone of RGBM Partners, based on the RGBM decompression model written by Dr. Wienke.[/h][h=3]Brian has degrees in both Computer Science and Operations research, has over 30 years of software development and technology leadership experience, is a NAUI Instructor Trainer, NAUI/TDI Trimix Instructor, and is a PADI, SDI, and TDI Instructor. He has been using RGBM as a technical diver since 2001.[/h][h=3]Matt has a degree in Computer Engineering and 15 years of professional hardware and software experience, including design, implementation, and management. Diving with RGBM since 2003, Matt now holds cards for Trimix and closed-circuit rebreathers from NAUI and IANTD.[/h][h=3] [/h][h=3]Why do I need RGBM?[/h]If you have ever felt tired or fatigued after a long dive? This is a common complaint from divers using a traditional “dissolved gas” model. This is typically the result of an incorrect decompression.
Traditional models only deal with dissolved gas in your tissues. But there are two types of gas in your body: dissolved gas and free gas. Free gas, or micro bubbles, can grow and multiply on ascent and if not managed and accounted for can cause DCS problems. In simple cases this is the fatigue you feel after a dive; in more serious cases actual DCS.

RGBM manages both dissolved gas and free gas in the tissues and blood of a diver. It uses a balanced approach to create an ascent plan using deep stops to control bubble formation and growth by using pressure to “squeeze” gas out of bubbles while also managing the build up and elimination of dissolved gas.
The result is a decompression schedule that starts deco deeper and gets you out of the water faster leaving you feeling better after your dive.

For recreational divers RGBM requires deep stops even on “no stop” dives and applies additional levels of conservatism to your no stop limits when you are diving multiple time per day, diving with short surface intervals, diving over multiple days, diving reverse profiles, working hard, diving in cold water, or ascending/descending more rapidly than recommended.

RGBM applies a dual-phase approach to decompressing divers and is well suited for:

• Multi-day, multi-level diving
  • No-stop diving
  • Decompression diving
  • Mixed gas diving
  • Saturation diving
  • Altitude diving
RGBM more accurately predicts what is happening in a diver’s body and as a result creates a more effective decompression schedule.

[h=3]Does RGBM work?[/h]Yes it does! Developed by Dr. Bruce Wienke at Los Alamos National Laboratories, RGBM is the result of years of development and refinement. Recreational and technical divers from multiple agencies have tested it extensively over the past 14 years including NAUI, ANDI, and others.

The RGBM Data Bank at Los Alamos contains the results of thousands of dives under a variety of conditions that illustrate the safety of RGBM. NAUI Technical Diving has been using RGBM since 1998 logging some estimated 25,000 dives on mixed gases down to 300 feet.

Here is what people are saying about Free Phase RGBM:
"Finally a dive computer that tracks nicely to the RGBM tables, intuitive to operate and easy to read in low light. As a tech diver I have been waiting for this hardware/software combination to come along and look forward to more leading edge products from Free Phase and Liquivision."
-Jeff Grezeszak, NAUI Instructor, Trimix Diver

"This version new version of RGBM runs with superb efficiency, has proven itself to me through extensive, rigorous testing in numerous varied environments and has convinced me to make it my primary method of ensuring my safety."
- Raymon W. Bacchus, NAUI & SDI Instructor Trainer, Trimix Diver

[h=3]How can I get Free Phase RGBM for my XEO?[/h]Free Phase RGBM for the XEO includes the full iterative RGBM model, used under license from Dr. Wienke, and includes all current XEO functionality plus the RGBMalgorithm for both open circuit and close circuit rebreather divers (Liquivision CCR PIN code is a separate purchase). It can be purchased from:Free Phase Diving | Better algorithms — better diving!.

To install Free Phase RGBM on your Xeo, you will require a Liquivision Xeo PC Interface, available both from Liquivision and from Free Phase RGBM.

Eric Fattah
Liquivision Products

Back
Top Bottom