Holiday Weekend Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubabun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All:

Providing Hurricane Isaac doesn't pay us a visit, we are hoping to get out to either White Star or Gilboa for some diving.

Can someone please provide an update on viz? Last time we were at White Star, about three weeks ago, viz was, at best, 10 feet. Nothing like losing your buddy on descent!

Thanks!

Current forecast has Isaac pretty much right over NW Ohio come Monday. Given the rain they'll most likely get in that area Sun and Mon, don't make your plans too firmly.

Current forecast has Isaac pretty much right over NW Ohio come Monday. Given the rain they'll most likely get in that area Sun and Mon, don't make your plans too firmly.

Sounds like my week at Gilboa (5th-9th) for class and training will also feature a limited vis component! :rocker:

Sounds like my week at Gilboa (5th-9th) for class and training will also feature a limited vis component! :rocker:

Very possible. Current forecast for us is 4-7" of rain Sat-Sun, moving NE (straight at Gilboa) Mon-Tue.

I was at White Star yesterday afternoon, viz is not great, as you say about 10 feet (that was at the deep end). Its probably a bit better
at the other end if you can get a dive in early before the crowd.

Hi All:
Can someone please provide an update on viz? Last time we were at White Star, about three weeks ago, viz was, at best, 10 feet. Nothing like losing your buddy on descent!

Viz was wonderful at Gilboa today. Easily 40 to 50 feet Horizontal and 30 feet vertical in certain areas. Crystal clear in areas around the tubes. Water temp was mid 60's above 30 feet. However the viz report is useless if there are a bunch of students swimming in the quarry over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom