The most beautiful cave formations I have ever seen...amazing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow. That was really quite incredible. Some of it looks so delicate. I'm curious as to how much damage is found in caves in general? With such delicate formations I wonder if there are issues with breakage as there is in reefs or if the general calibre of diver entering the cave keeps the damage to a minimum? Sorry a bit off topic :S

Beautiful vid though!

Beautiful place....Another one for the 'bucket' list....Hope people respect it and keep it pristine....Thank you for the video '26'

Truly amazing. What was going on at about 56 seconds into the video?

Hey Aaron, In the case of the caves in Mallorca, you need permits to dive them, so they really try their best to keep the damage to a minimum. I was lucky enough to dive with local divers and explorers there who organized everything.

Generally caves are more fragile, you brake a coral, it will regrow in some hundred years. You brake a formation its gone forever. IMO

cheers
P

---------- Post Merged at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Hey Tony, its a cristal plate with a hole and once you put your light under it, all the plate gets alluminated.

---------- Post Merged at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Hey Tony, its a cristal plate with a hole and once you put your light under it, all the plate gets alluminated.

Hey Aaron, In the case of the caves in Mallorca, you need permits to dive them, so they really try their best to keep the damage to a minimum. I was lucky enough to dive with local divers and explorers there who organized everything.

so I guess we're stuck just coming back to Tulum for some boring old Mexican caves :wink:

So another diver was lighting it up while you were shooting some video. Got it. Care to share with us you video camera setup...came out well other than the outer black frame. Thanks and take care

so I guess we're stuck just coming back to Tulum for some boring old Mexican caves :wink:

Seems like thats, doesnt it??? =)

---------- Post Merged at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:14 AM ----------

So another diver was lighting it up while you were shooting some video. Got it. Care to share with us you video camera setup...came out well other than the outer black frame. Thanks and take care

Thats easy, First version of goPro no video light no nothing. Black frame is due to the housing I use and low resolution to cope with the lack of light. cheers P

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom