17L lift in pounds?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SereDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was looking at the Dux wings and they seem to be of good quality and was considering purchasing a wing with a listed lift capacity of 17L; can someone out there tell me what the lift equals in pounds? I was also considering the 14L wing; lift capacity in pounds? Thanks in advance for your help.

there is 28 liters in a cu ft and i think 64 lbs in a cubic ft
17/28 * 64 = 38#

and ther is a liter is a kilo a kilo is 2.2# 17 *2.2 = 37+ # ( probably the best way to figure)

another way is a liter is a quart 2 pints to a quart a pint is 1# so 2*17 for 34#

best 2 out of 3 is 37.5#

should be ball park enough

This is one case (there are many others) when the metric system is so much better that it's hard to believe we're still not using it. It's just like KWS says; if the capacity of the bladder is 17 liters, it can displace 17 kilos of water and therefore provide 37.4 lbs. But, that's most likely measured without the wing on a tank. A better way to measure is to mount the wing on a plate and tank, then fill it with water until the opv starts leaking, then empty that water into something to measure it's actual volume. Usually the tank prevents the wing from completely expanding, resulting in somewhat lower lift.

Back
Top Bottom