Light & Motion Stingray Plus UW Housing, Sony Camera and Sunray 1000 LED Lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gxsr_sarge

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm selling a Light & Motion Stingray Plus underwater video housing and Sunray 1000 LED underwater lighting system PLUS A SONY SR-10 HDR 40 GB VIDEO CAMERA WITH A NP-FH100 LITHIUM ION HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY that is fully compatible with this housing system. Anyone that knows underwater photography knows that L&M makes quality products. This is a complete set ready to go into the water.

The set Includes:
-Light & Motion Stingray + underwater housing
-Camera tray that works with multiple cameras from Sony
-65 degree lens with cover (perfect condition)
-Full color LCD monitor backing for housing with monitor adjustments.
-Left handle for full photo and lighting controls (this was an additional accessory)
-Flip internal red water color filter
-2 SunRay 1000 LED lights with 2 batteries, 2 battery pods/caps, 2 flex arms and L&M quick charger.
-Sony HDR SR-10 40 GB video camera along with a ultra high capacity lithium battery (NP-FH100) - Fully compatible with the housing system.

The housing is in perfect condition and has never been flooded. I've been meticulous about taking care of the o-rings. It only has two minor scratches in the rear LCD monitor that you will not be able to see underwater. It has full controls on both arms. The lights and camera can be operated via the controls. You can also view play video underwater on the LCD monitor. You can even use "Photo" button to take an underwater photo with the video camera. The camera housing is neutrally buoyant under water. It fits a variety of Sony Cameras. The camera mounts on top of the included camera tray that slides inside of the housing and a cable that is attached to the housing connects to the camera. This electronic system beats the mechanical arm system and is very simple to use. The LCD monitor works on 4 AA batteries (I used rechargeable NIMH batteries). The built-in internal flip red filter is very handy. No need to carry one or worry about loosing it. Just flip the lever next to the lens (to the left of the lens when looking at it) and the red filter flips into place in front of the video camera lens.

The LED lights are on top of two flex arms that do not move at all. They can be switched between low, medium and high intensity. During night time, you don't need more that low or medium intensity. The battery packs for each of the lights fit nicely under the housing and into pre made slots. The LED lights emit 1000 lumins and 5000 Kelvin white light and each have an 80 degree beam so both of them will cover almost 180 degrees. I've used these lights during night dives inside of wrecks and it lights up entire rooms!! The batteries are NMH and last quite a while and will probably outlast the camera batteries. The batteries are in perfect like-new condition.

The Sony SR-1o camera has only been used inside of the housing. It is in 100% perfect condition. Capture video to hard disk drive or Memory Stick media; 40 GB built-in storage; 1920 x 1080 high-definition recording; 2-megapixel ClearVid CMOS sensor with Exmor technology; Bionz image processor; x.v.Color captures and displays life-like color; Dolby Digital 5.1-channel recording. The high capacity lithium battery is the biggest that you can get for this camera and fits perfectly on the camera tray and in the housing.

In case you want to use another camera, the housing fits Sony SR12, SR11, SR10, SR10D, SR8, SR7, HC9, HC7, HC5, CX7, CX6, CX550, and XR500/520 cameras. The design is supposed to be "forward facting" so more modern versions of the cameras are also supposed to fit. It you have any doubt, contact Light & Motion and ask them if your particular camera fits the Stingray Plus.

The entire setup: $2250

Please PM me for more pics. IMG_2096.jpgIMG_2101.jpgIMG_2102.jpgIMG_2106.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2116.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Looks good.... maybe I missed it but, how much is it?

$2250. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom