Pro Plus 2 Computer question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had my Pro Plus 2 for several years. I bought it new. Manuf date 01/04. S/N AY-007158. I would like confirmation that it is working correctly. I seem to remember the oxygen loading graph loading up with more "bubbles" in the past. Maybe I'm just on drugs. My buddy has the older style Pro Plus with two windows. His O2 loading is always way more than mine. Anyway, I'll give you the dive log info and would appreciate if you could validate that the information is correct or not. Dives are from yesterday 9/3 in Jupiter, Fl. I was hovering about 10-15' off the bottom with my scooter until I saw lobsters. Current was screaming.

#1:
107' max, 32 min, 2 min safety stop, N2 1 yellow bubble, O2 1 green bubble, 1.52 max PO2, 36%

#2:
99' max, 39 min, 3 min safety stop, N2 2 yellow bubbles, O2 2 green bubbles, 1.44 max PO2, 36%

He has probably set his PP02 max setting to 1.40. I would suggest you do the same. The industry has moved away from diving at the higher O2 pressure...

No, we both have 1.60 set. I was thinking of going to 1.50, since I'm not a young as I used to be... My primary concern is making sure the computer is working correctly.

What was the surface interval between the 2 dives?

If dive 1 was a square profile, you got very close to deco upon ascending :shakehead:

divepal_proplus2_20120904.jpg

Alberto (aka eDiver)

You are correct. I was close, with two bubbles in the yellow prior to my ascent. My graphs looked exactly like the picture above. At the end of my safety stop I was down to one yellow bubble. Does my O2 loading sound normal to you at that depth, length of dive and max PPO2?

Go to page 63 in your manual and go to page 5 and 82 of your friends manual. It should be clear after you look at those pages. Also send your downloads to oceanic.

You are correct. I was close, with two bubbles in the yellow prior to my ascent. My graphs looked exactly like the picture above. At the end of my safety stop I was down to one yellow bubble. Does my O2 loading sound normal to you at that depth, length of dive and max PPO2?
According to the plan I entered in divePAL you ended dive 1 with ~25% CNS load and ~90 Nitrogen loading ....

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Go to page 63 in your manual and go to page 5 and 82 of your friends manual. It should be clear after you look at those pages. Also send your downloads to oceanic.

Here is my problem: The information in the manual is written as if the computer is working properly. My question is based on the post dive display info that I posted, does the O2 loading and alarm info that was presented during the dive make sense? Mine is set for 1.60, so shouldn't I get a different screen when I hit 1.40? I surpassed 1.40 on both of my dives but it never switched to the O2 screen. I also tried to manually go to the other screens by pushing the advance button, but it didn't advance, for what ever reason. I don't have the download gizmo for the computer...

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:42 PM ----------

According to the plan I entered in divePAL you ended dive 1 with ~25% CNS load and ~90 Nitrogen loading ....

Alberto (aka eDiver)

My dive interval was 2-1/2 hours. I don't understand your terminology (CNS load?) Also see my response above with more pertinant info.

Last edited:
Here is my problem: The information in the manual is written as if the computer is working properly. My question is based on the post dive display info that I posted, does the O2 loading and alarm info that was presented during the dive make sense? Mine is set for 1.60, so shouldn't I get a different screen when I hit 1.40? I surpassed 1.40 on both of my dives but it never switched to the O2 screen. I also tried to manually go to the other screens by pushing the advance button, but it didn't advance, for what ever reason. I don't have the download gizmo for the computer...

---------- Post Merged at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:42 PM ----------

My dive interval was 2-1/2 hours. I don't understand your terminology (CNS load?) Also see my response above with more pertinant info.

Odo that a little different than what you started off with,First of all the Pro Plus and the Pro Plus 2 are similar but not the same. How manybubbles does it take to get full O2 on the graph for each computer? Did youreally stay at 1.52po2 for 32 minutes?
It should display the 1.4 and above po2 warning and itshould advance though the screens when pressing the advance button.
The O2 graph show per dive o2 exposer and 24 hour exposer.

I know the computers are different, but assume they use similar algorithms. My pro plus 2 has a total of 6 bubbles while the pro plus has the entire right side of the screen as a graph. I'm just thinking that if we were diving similar depths and durations our O2 loading should be about the same. I had 2 bubble on mine and he had 3/4 of his O2 loading graph lit up. In any case I'm not using that computer until it is repaired. It's onlly $160 to have Oceanic repair/replace it. One just sold for $300 on ebay, so I guess it's money well spent. I have a data plus somewhere; just cant find it. Probably lent it to someone....

Back
Top Bottom