Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you watched the movie? It's a bonex.
You can install a gauge and compass on any scooter.

Samir, where are you located? Are your regular dive buddies getting scooters as well (or are you solo diving)? You may want to consider the distribution/support network available to your region, and any benefits to having the same scooters in your team/club; these are factors that don't often show up in comparison charts.

Hello Gombessa, Can you please expound on what distribution/support network is?

Greetings KhaledM I think or I understand the distribution/support network to be what sales and or service for the area for the particular scooter manufacturer.
That is if only some manufacturers are available in a given area.
Parts and service on scooters is pretty tough in some parts of the world for specific models.

They are great tools but require service just another piece of dive gear.
Sometimes they break down at really unfavorable dive sites but alas that is why you own two of them.

CamG

Hello Gombessa, Can you please expound on what distribution/support network is?

The way I see it, there are a few things worth considering, some may or may not be applicable to your situation. As Cam mentioned, can you get the scooter and/or spare parts delivered to you (do you need to go to the airport to pick up or anything like that)? If the scooter has a maintenance cycle, can you get spares/instructions and perform it yourself? Are you in a location or having parts shipped from a location where customs or regulations on shipping batteries may present a problem or delays?

Beyond that, are any of your regular buddies or other divers in the area using a particular type of scooter? If so, while it may not be the fastest or best priced option, having the same scooters means you can help each other out in a pinch; if a prop breaks or shaft seal starts leaking, one of you may have a spare ready to go. This might be particularly useful if shipping/customs adds weeks to the order time for new parts.

The video loses credibility when I see the dangling SMG. How credible can these guys be?

The video loses credibility when I see the dangling SMG. How credible can these guys be?

Hah, before I watched the video I thought SMG was a typo. I get it now.edit: I see their tanks are mounted upside down also.

Last edited:
Hah, before I watched the video I thought SMG was a typo. I get it now.
I can see it now...The muzzle will drag in the silt and get packed full of mud, then when he exits the water, the water won't drain from the barrel, and the barrel will either burst or end up ringed when the weapon is fired. But that's ok, they rode a Bonnex to get there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom