Veo 2 dual algorithms

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am new to SB having only just joined today so my apologies if this question has been answered previously.
I am close to purchasing a computer and after moderate research my favourite is the Veo 2. My questions are based on the dual algorithms:

Am I correct is believing the DSAT algorithm is based on Haldanean and is more liberal than the Z+ algorithms based on Bulhmann?

Is there a repetitive dive profile/s where the Z+ becomes the more liberal algorithm?
I ask because I read a review alluding to the Z+ algorithm being the more liberal on deep repetitive dives.

http://www.divernet.com/Diving_Gear/group_tests/334683/a_sense_of_algorithm.html

"CONCLUSION
Most of these computers give a sufficiently similar result for us to have confidence in them. If you use an Oceanic OC1 with the dual algorithm, be sure to set it for the Pelagic Z+ option unless you are doing only shallow dives."

Not that I plan to go as deep as this test but I was planning to use nitrox on a holiday. The wreck I am doing ranges from 14 to 28 metres. I will be doing 2 dives a day on it for 4 days. The dive shop allows max 60 minute bottom times on each dive with one hour surface interval.

For this scenario, which algorithm is the most liberal?

Thanks
Mary

i know this thread is from 2012, but i just wanted to post saying that was an interesting article from divernet.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom