Komodo liveaboard for 7 nights for $2,500 or less?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seekup

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know about the Mermaid II and Komodo Dancer. Are there any others? We did the Mermaid II last May and had a blast but the ride from Bali to Komodo was rough. The Dancer has a lot of 10 day routes, but that's too much for us. We are going back during 2013, probably June. I can't decide between a dive safari doing Tumbalen/Nusa Penida or a Komodo liveaboard. Any suggestions, ideas, etc are appreciated!

Hey seekup. The short answer to your question is 'yes, there are boats going to Komodo for shorter trips in your price range,' at least if you're talking per person. Another answer is 'yes, it's possible to do a nice safari to those two destinations and stay at lovely properties for this budget, per person.' What you really need to figure out is which option you prefer. If you've already been to Komodo, maybe do something different this time? Or if you really loved, loved, loved Komodo and want to enjoy the trip again, get on a 6d/5n trip, for example, and spend a few days before or after at Tulamben for land-based diving.

I just did a boat called the Aurora on a 7 day trip and highly recommend them. Regular price was just over $2100 USD or so, and I caught a last minute special that brought it down much less than that.

A friend of mine just got back from two back to back trips on the Current Junkies liveaboard and raved about the experience. They advertise it as 1 million rupiah (approx $100 USD) per person per day and they go on trips of varying lengths, leaving from and returning to the Gili Islands in Lombok. From the photos I've seen, it's a very basic boat and quite small, suitable for pretty adventurous divers willing to give up some comforts in return for a less expensive liveaboard to Komodo. Oh, and as you might guess from their name, they like their currents and give divers a pretty exciting experience!

just did liveaboard in komodo,on the monalisa,nice vessel,but you must watch out for the manager,"EERAERTS RONALD",as he was deceitful in the numbers....
its advertised at $220 per night....
great boat and staff....
bad manager....get the money sorted before the trip...
thanks

---------- Post Merged at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 03:15 PM ----------

also,bali diving is easily down by land,from the west to the east in the north has many good divesites,and nusa lembongan and penida,you can go there by boat around one hour from sanur,thendo 2 dives a day by speedboat,living on the island.
cheers,hope that helps

@thankfulforlife

That does help! In your opinion, does land based Bali diving compare to Komodo? We aren't much into muck or too much small stuff.....

Thanks.

We have packages at Lembeh Resort and Kungkungan Bay Resort in the $1500 range for 7 nights. Both resorts speak well of the house reefs and the muck dives but they offer much more than that. Both are North Sulawesi with easy access from Manado. Also have a package with YOS Divers in Bunaken. Liveaboards like the Arenui and Damai offer the best in service and amenities but run $450-$600 per night per person. As with all things, you usually get what you pay for and cheap gets you cheap. I won't travel half way around the world rolling the dice on a dive trip. In that part of the world land based resort or liveaboard, the diving is superb.

Scuba Diving Destinations - Vacation Specials - Liquid Diving Adventures

Yerstaday I put report of our Komodo trip on MV "Black Manta" - great diving and staff!Price is ±1550 usd for 6 nights. I dove a lot of time in Bali and 3 times in Komodo by shore, also Raja Ampat, North Sulawesi - Bunaken, Komodo is still my favorite. There is everything for everybody:) very beautiful reef with a lot of life.
Bali - you can do also some good dives if you choose the right dive operator, but I couldn't compare Bali with Komodo.
I made movies from the most of our trips, if they can help for you choice.
i found this one
Bali&Komodo first 6min. are from Bali, after that is Komodo- day trips, not liveaboard.
Movie from the last trip Komodo MV 'Black Manta'

Hope that this will help

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom