Come help the NACD with the 2012 Great Suwannee River Cleanup.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SandyRobinson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Many of you know that the kick-off for the Great Suwannee River Cleanup was held yesterday at the Sante Fe River Park just south of Fort White where the Sante Fe intersects Highway 47. We appreciate Current Problems letting the NACD have a booth at the function. It gave us a chance to see old friends, meet some new friends, and talk about some of our conservation efforts.

It also gave us a chance to meet and listen to other interested parties and to hear about the clean-up efforts and some future plans. You would be amazed at the plans for the Sante Fe River Park.

This year Current Problems added the Sante Fe to the clean-up so the NACD has adopted the section of the Sante Fe between Rum Island and Ginnie Springs for its clean-up. We have scheduled Saturday, September 29 for our clean up day. I will keep you posted on the time and place to meet. Last year, we had a section of the Suwannee River starting at Rock Bluff Springs which took 2 days to clean-up. If it looks like we will need a second day this year or if anything else changes, I will post it on this thread.

A special thanks to Rob Neto who is spearheading the NACD's involvement as he did last year. Also, thanks to Ricky Dumm and his father for helping at the park on Saturday.

If you can help, email me at pr@safecavediving.com or email Rob Neto at conservation@safecavediving.com. If this date is not good, go to www.currentproblems.org as there are many other dates from September through November from which to choose. I believe that the NFSA, Amigos Dive Shop, and Cave Country Dive Shop may have some scheduled days.

Last year, over 500 volunteers spent about 1900 hours picking up over 20,000 pounds of trash. Needless to say, the rivers need our help. In advance, thank you for your support.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom