Cenderawasih Bay Trip Report August 2012 on MSY Damai

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divehappy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all

just posted a trip report and some photos from a 11 day trip around Cenderawasih Bay on MSY Damai.
Cenderawasih Bay - Whale Shark Capital Of The World - Dive Happy

It was my 40th birthday present to myself and holy moley did the whale sharks put on a show :)

The summary version is that Cenderawasih is still largely unexplored and besides the star attraction of the whale sharks there's some interesting WWII era shipwrecks and lots of stunning hard corals.

I know that Tim Rock was on the trip after mine so no doubt he'll be posting a writeup on his site soon too if you want another opinion.

Cheers
Chris

Chris

Many thanks for the fantastic report , am sooo jealous. Well done for treating yourself to such a memorable trip for your big birthday.

My husband and I went to Indonesia for our birthdays last year. We spent half an hour on one of the lovely sites in Bunaken with a turtle probably older than either of us on my husband's birthday and walked with the dragons on Rinca was on the morning of mine !

thanks Tippytoes! Sounds like you had a wonderful time too - Indo is definitely the place for a birthday dive trip

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom