anyone using a Aqualung with the i3 system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adamp69

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hey. i'm relatively new to diving, and i'm looking to purchase a bc. i've pretty well got my mind set on a Zeagle Ranger, but i have to admit that i'm curious what ppl think of this i3 system on the aqualung bc's. Anyone have any experiences/thoughts on the system? love the site. thanks

I just finished my open water scuba instructor certification using the i3 and the axiom bcd. I think its great. Simple to use, and works quite well.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
i3 is awesome IMO. I love the i3 setup in pretty much every way. I used a friend's once when they first came out and have been looking for reasons ever since to sell my current BC and spring for an i3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

can the axiom do dual tanks?

They don't make a BCD with the i3 that can do doubles without unauthorized user modifications.

I have not used the i3 (so take that for what it is worth) but what problem is it trying to resolve exactly? Is there an advantage/disadvantage to it vs a traditional set up?

I have not used the i3 (so take that for what it is worth) but what problem is it trying to resolve exactly? Is there an advantage/disadvantage to it vs a traditional set up?

It's main purpose is to move the power inflator. I guess when it really comes down to it, it's an unnecessary change but I like it. It makes it s the power inflator is always in one spot, super easy ergonomics, yada yada yada. Personal preference I guess :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PADI Rescue/DM 09100Z7445
Dr Dive/Wet Dream/Sea Cobra/Y-Knot

Diving is my passion...I live to dive!

I've dived both the Axiom and the Dimension. They both are comfortable. The dimension is purely a back inflate, whereas the Axiom is a bit of a hybrid. The axiom is a mostly back inflate, with some inflation in the hips. For me, I chose the axiom for teaching open water classes because it is a) comfortable, and 2) you float in an upright position on the surface comfortably.

I must admit that I was surprised to find how much I liked the BC after diving exclusively a backplate and wing for the last 7 or 8 years.

Again, I found the i3 simple and actually more effective to dump air quickly than a standard inflation hose and/or rear dump valve alone. If I need to get down in a hurry, the i3 when you hit the lever dumps from both the shoulder and the rear dump valve at the same time. While this isn't a "solution" to a "problem" that doesn't exist, it's just a feature. You might see people saying the i3 is a solution to a non-problem, when in fact, I just see it as an alternative. It doesn't have to solve anything, it just works well as it is... something different. :shocked:

Back
Top Bottom