More NACD board shenanigans

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwilcher

Registered
Reaction score
More NACD board shenanigans
I reference all NACD members and cave divers to National Association For Cave Diving to witness the latest shenanigans of this puppet board of directors. The board now stands at six instructors with income derived through the NACD, not a single non- instructor has a voice in how the NACD is run. This board has again showed its true character by doing the following:
This group has added an instructor to the board who quit last year telling the board to "f" it over all the drama. This is also the same person who, along with the training director, signed over the rights to the NACD's intellectual property( the cavern and cave diver workbook) to another board member working for a competing agency. This competing agency is using the property of the NACD, which was paid for by membership, as their cave training material. This was done without a full board vote and no royalties provided to the NACD.
· Scuba Diving International & Technical Diving International is proud to announce the newest member of the Training Department staff; Larry Green.
· Scuba Schools International announces the formation of the SSI Technical Diving Safety Board.
· SSI welcomes the following charter members to the Technical Diving Safety Board:
· Tracy Grubbs, Spruce Creek Scuba, SSI USA
These board members are in direct violation of article 4 subsection 5 of the by-laws, "Directors shall not be directors, trustees, officers, shareholders or principals of any organization(other than the NACD) that trains or certifies divers at technical levels." This group continues to show selective disregard for the by-laws.
Why should the membership care about this? It is your organization and your money that makes it run. Why would the current board take these actions?
Jeff Bauer Instructor Larry Green
Tracy Grubbs Instructor Larry Green
Rick Murcar Instructor Larry Green
Rob Neto Instructor Johnny Richards and Larry Green
Don Syme Instructor Larry Green, Jeff Bauer, Larry Green
The inbreeding of this organization has gone on long enough. I encourage you to join the members who care about the NACD to visit Cave Alliance to register your vote and demand a special members meeting to address these concerns.
Bert and Curt

:crafty:

Sad to hear the reports of yesterday's BoD meeting.

This is to update the membership and interested parties of the latest board of directors meeting held October 13, 2012 at Lloyd Bailey's Scuba in Gainesville, Florida. I am a life time member of the NACD, teaching instructor, served on the training committee, three years as secretary/treasurer, recipient of the 2009 outstanding service award, and President of the organization. Most of you are by now aware that I was removed from the board during a special meeting, in which I could not attend, over labor day weekend. The reason that was given to me was I did not play well with the rest of the board over a direct violation of the by-laws in spite of multiple attorney's agreement on the course of action. I requested and was told that I would have an opportunity to address the board personally as to the charges that were raised by several board members.
Upon arriving at the open board meeting for members I was welcomed by the vice president and their attorney, Maria Del Carmen Calzon Esq., this is important because she subscribes to a service that monitors all public forums and social networks and I want it to be easy for her to find this. I was informed by the vice president that my life time membership had been terminated and I would not be allowed to speak and I must leave the meeting site. I asked why I had not been notified since I had drive over 4 hours to attend after being assured by the vice president that I had the right to do so. Their attorney mentioned that I should have received a letter to this effect, which I had not. I complied with their request and waited outside for the meeting to conclude.
After the meeting I was informed by some of the attendants that I was removed from my membership because I posted some things on the internet. One of the alleged items was that I referred to the board as "a puppet board" for the training director, Larry Green. The following board members were in attendance:
Rick Murcar
Jeff Bauer
Don Syme
Larry Green
Tracy Grubbs
Rob Neto

Ms. Calzon went to great links to explain to membership and the board why this particular violation of the by-laws must not be ignored as it opens the NACD to litigious exposure. This is the same advice four other attorneys have been giving the board since August of 2011!. I am told that Ms. Calzon's advice was that the board should in no way ignore her advice and should deny the petition against termination of membership of the instructor member in question. I am told that when the call for a vote was presented to the board, Larry Green, training director objected and moved for an executive session vote out of public view, and this was seconded by Tracy Grubbs owner of Spruce Creek Scuba in Daytona. Not another board member raised a concern about the continued stall tactics of this board. Webster defines puppet as the following: "one whose behavior is determined by the will of others", if this doesn't accurately describe this group of board members what does.

Since I am no longer a member of the NACD, assuming I receive this letter Ms. Calzon referenced, I wish the membership well with this group of board members. Please remember you can vote in the elections and with your pocketbook for change

Bert Wilcher, Former proud NACD member and instructor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom