Apeks regs, halcyon hoses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all
i have recently bought brand new apeks xtx50, 40 and dst regs for tech diving. they came seperate with halcyon hoses, i fitted them myself and they are great.

questions?
________

is it ok to use different make hoses (both high and low pressure) to the make of the 1st and second stages?
so is it that if the hose fits ten it is fine?
also do i need to just buy any 3/8th inch hose as a spare?

also anyone know where i can get a green apeks anti bacterial mouthpiece?

cheers
CRAIG THOMAS CHAMBERLAIN

Hoses do not need to be of the same manufacturer. Having a spare of each hose is always a good thing.

Nothing wrong with different brand hoses. Spare parts is always a good idea. IMO I would rather remove the hose protectors and not have a spare hose. The probability of a hose failure is very slim especially if you inspect the hoses before you pack for a trip. In any case, not a bad idea to have spare kit.

Love seeing threads like this in the tech diving section.

But you should have recommended that he needs a long hose. If he asked anywhere else they would have recommended he buy a legend/suunto or some other junk. Not that a legend or suunto is junk, I mean some people do like them very much when they dive 2-3 times a year.

your Apeks dealer should be able to order the mouth pieces. As others have said a hose is a hose as long as they fit and are in good shape your good to go.

Love seeing helpful posts like this in any forum

But you should have recommended that he needs a long hose. If he asked anywhere else they would have recommended he buy a legend/suunto or some other junk. Not that a legend or suunto is junk, I mean some people do like them very much when they dive 2-3 times a year.

I dive a lot more than 2-3 times a year, just because you don't like the Legend doesn't make it junk. I think With the oring problems I have seen on HOG regulators they should be banned from being made, but just because I think so, doesn't make it right. I have even had my Legend LX supreme under the ice and lived to tell about it. I repair a lot of regulators, and slamming Aqualung/Apeks is really low on the list once you work on some other brands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom