Will the NACD Survive?

Yes, or No ?

• Yes

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure it will survive, but what form will it be in is the question.

I think it will survive. I hope the cancer is completely removed.

It's like unions. They were formed for a good reason. The need has passed. Any time I was affected by collective bargaining, I lost my shirt on a new contract, and the union negotiators got cushy management jobs, and were fired after 5 years or so. No one in the union ever figured out that the union was to benefit union management. I'm hoping cave divers are smarter than that, and that they will realize that the NACD BOD is only representing themselves and their buds.

Of course, I wouldn't go in a cave for love nor money, I am fully cognizant of my limitations. I have no dog in the outcome either way.

If the BoD can be removed and replaced with people that are not just looking out for themselves, yes it could survive.

In other words, it will never be the same.

What will likely happen,... is yes, it will survive, but in the direction it is already going. Those disillusioned will likely form their own organization based off their own vision of what they want to achieve. In a nut shell isn't that how there has gotten to be so many training organizations? Difference of opinion, no one wants to budge, especially those who are in power. Those in power (unless of extreme ethics) are usually loathe to give up any of that power (rememebr the saying "power corrupts,..."). Those who don't like what has happened to the "parent" oragnization, will pick up their ball & form their own game. Just my opinion based on past history.

I see a 50 / 50 so far so that is not to bad.
This situation is being monitored by quite a few.
Where it goes depends on to many variables to determine.
What it is ....is very unfortunate as well as sad.

CamG

Whatever happens it is a shame it had to get to this. I have/had a lot of respect for many of those in the NACD. Larry was my instructor. Rob is a good guy and so is Sandy. I don't think Sandy has any involvement in what is going on. I think it can be fixed. Will it be fixed? I am starting to think it is not going to happen.

I believe it will survive, even though it may go the way of PADI and be forced to be a for profit rather than remain a not for profit. Which would be a shame but may be necessary. In that case other organizations will crop up to take over it's original mission and will address the current round of problems.

Whatever happens it is a shame it had to get to this. I have/had a lot of respect for many of those in the NACD. Larry was my instructor. Rob is a good guy and so is Sandy. I don't think Sandy has any involvement in what is going on. I think it can be fixed. Will it be fixed? I am starting to think it is not going to happen.
I think we should leave Sandy's name out of this-- he's simply the guy responsible for polishing a turd. Aside from resigning as the PR guy, he really has no control over the situation, and I seriously doubt he even has any knowledge of what's going on in the BOD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom