Oceanic VEO 180 NAVCON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

John12

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My wife and I are both new.. Open water dive Sunday. Thought we would familiarize ourselves with the above that we both have.. CD that came with it won't run,, the bit of a manual and start up card are confusing us,, sure its more us than the instructions. CAN anyone or the Oceanic rep direct us to a video or something for dummies to explain the unit.. Went to the web site couldnt find much help

Contact Alberto (aka eDiver)
Scuba Diving Simulator, Dive Computer Training, Dive Planning and Dive Logging Software
eDiving, DiveComputerTraining, divePAL, iDive Computer
divenav.com, ediving.us, divecomputertraining.com
Plan your Dive, Dive your Plan, Log your Dive
Learn to use YOUR Dive Computer

:rofl3:Ah Alberto were are you you sleeping on the job.

He has very good software and he is usually on here.

Go to dive computer trainning.com you can get a full tutorial there

Thanks registered there.. They dont have anything for VEO 180NX but seems that the VEO 200 is closest as it is a console doesnt have nitrox but should be able to wing it if I can get basics.. Very disappointed in support from Ocenic., just bought this in July new from LDS,, web for oceanic doesnt list it.. Hope E diver might check in here to see if I am correct about the VEO 200 being closest

The manual Agility posted above is your best bet, its easier to read than the tiny one provided. A couple of tidbits to share, I have 2 and like them....

- The 180 has been out of production for several years (3-4 at least), so there are no recent changes.
- There is no OFF switch. It turns on when you press the button and turns off after a hour or so if not wet, if you dive, it will stay on for 24 hours.
- Being a one button computer, there are not a who lot of settings normally used other than percent nitrox (if not diving the default air)
- You can set date/time, max PPO, gauge mode, automatic activation, etc... The defaults work well for me.
- Do be aware if you set a nitrox percent and don't use it for a few hours, it will shut off and revert back to air (learned this the hard way)
- There is also a "feature" that will reset to nitrox mix between dives - one I would avoid, I like to set it and leave it unless I change it
- The altitude mode is automatic, if you are over 2000' it will turn on automatically
- The battery indicator will say full or 3/4 full until nearly depleted. So once you loose a couple of bars, replace.

Thanks will get the on line course on the 200, and download the Manual,, your insight should help fill in the gaps

Hi,
as you have discovered, we do not have an online class for the Veo180, but we have it available in all our simulators.

The "closest" model for which we have a class is the Veo250, but it still has quite few differences.

Your best option here is the study the Veo180 manual and then take the simulated Veo180 for a virtual dive in our eDiving simulator.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hi,
as you have discovered, we do not have an online class for the Veo180, but we have it available in all our simulators.

The "closest" model for which we have a class is the Veo250, but it still has quite few differences.

Your best option here is the study the Veo180 manual and then take the simulated Veo180 for a virtual dive in our eDiving simulator.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

eDiver -
Thanks for your reply to the VEO180nx. I have a follow-up question:
I would like to use my computer to log my dives. Is Oceanlog 2.0 my only choice with VEO 180nx? It has bad print-out functionality(let alone logging functionality in general). Unsure how to "transfer" dives to other programs.
What program do you suggest? Even if it's manually?
Thanks in advance
Torsten
SCUBAmoon in Curacao, Netherland Antilles - Diving Without Fins

eDiver -
Thanks for your reply to the VEO180nx. I have a follow-up question:
I would like to use my computer to log my dives. Is Oceanlog 2.0 my only choice with VEO 180nx? It has bad print-out functionality(let alone logging functionality in general). Unsure how to "transfer" dives to other programs.
What program do you suggest? Even if it's manually?
Thanks in advance
Torsten
SCUBAmoon in Curacao, Netherland Antilles - Diving Without Fins

You are correct Oceanlog 2.0 is out of date. Once you download it; it will automatically search for newer versions. I believe the current version is Oceanlog 2.6 or 2.7.

Back
Top Bottom