Tech help down to 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twilodiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

I have been driving myself crazy trying to buy a new regulator. I have finally narrowed it down to 2 and then someone threw me a curve ball.

1 Poseidon XStream Deep MK3

2 Atomic m1

3 Mk25/a700 in black chrome

Question is I have head really good thing about Poseidon and not so good. Not really concerned about getting it serviced i have 4 lds with in a 30 minute drive.

The curve ball is MK25/a700 I got an amazing deal on the reg. can it be used for technical diving?

Pros cons please....Help so I can make a inelegant choice

Thank you in advance

You need to use tools to remove the faceplate on the A700. Take a look at HOG.

Hi thank you!!! I have looked at the hog. I'm down to the 3 ^^....

---------- Post Merged at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:41 PM ----------

You need to use tools to remove the faceplate on the A700. Take a look at HOG.

Ok I totally get that you need a tool....How often do you need to do that? I don't mean to sound ignorant. Just asking?

-M1 is a great reg, but you have to pack it with lube $$, and its great for scootering, O2 service etc.
-I cant say anything bad about Hog because my post will get deleted.
-Scubapro...is like the Corolla version of the M1 Cadillac
-Poseidon is awesome, but its different.... like a firehose when you need it, and sometimes when you don't

I prefer Zeagle and Apeks. The company that owns Atomic just bought zeagle.. personally I think it filled a gap they needed for a diaphragm reg.

Not a huge deal. I just prefer to be able to open the second stage without tools.
I've had to do it underwater to get duckweed out of a second stage. Nice not needing tools.

Poseidon don't see much around here. More than a few shops but none service them.
Atomic is a good reg but so is the ScubaPro. But is that right that it's only good for 21%? seems wrong but that's what the ads say
I don't see the need to pay that much for a reg.
I would not go with the Mk25 if diving cold water though. A few reports of freeflows. Mk17 seems to be a more popular choice.
But then I sold my ScubaPro. Too hard to get parts.

But you only have to pack the M1 with lube every two years, and that's only if you need to dive it cold. The M1 first stage is perfectly happy in more temperate waters to take an unsealed boot and the reg is easier to fully rinse that way.

The combo of surge-protected faceplate, cave ring for easy underwater 2d stage cleanout, high O2 rating, and Atomic's customer service caused me to get a pair of M1s when I went to doubles and I have yet to regret it. I can't compare them to a Poseidon because I've never used Poseidons, but I personally would avoid anything that might require me to interact with SP's customer service.

Yea I agree ....M1 is awesome!!!! HOG not even in the picture sorry don't mean to offend any one. I really like the fact of side exhaust on the Poseidon and that it can be used upside down and lets face it's just so dammmm sexy haha....BUT have heard that they breath wet and that they give much gas. I don't know if it's true ....Just something I read hers on SB. ScubaPro was not even in the running but the price this gentleman gave me ...made me stop and think about it...

Hogs are cheap, breath well, route nicely for doubles or sidemount, come ready for O2 service, and parts and service classes are readily available. What's not to like?

Hogs are cheap, breath well, come ready for O2 service, and parts and service classes are readily available. What's not to like?

NO comment....I'm glad you like them. If you read the thread it was not a choice. Thanks again :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom