Komodo Liveaboard / Shore based Labuan Bajo operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Muzzman

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We're heading down to Flores from Lombok on the Perama boat. Then planning to spend a week or so in Labuan Bajo, due to traveling for a year we are somewhat financially limited. Ideally a liveaboard would be the preferred option, is it possible to get last minute deals whilst in Labuan Bajo?

If it still proves to pricey can anyone recommend a shore based operator?

Thank

Bajo Dive Club, Dive Komodo and Divine Diving all come in at around 145,000 rupiah per day for a 3 day liveaboard, with 3 dives per day. Great way of seeing a bit of the park; most provide the opportunity for a dragon walk on Rinca (this is extra). We enjoyed Bajo, though they had some boat issues (which were dealt with efficiently). Martin was a fantastic DM- highly recommended. Friends who used Dive Komodo for day trips were very happy with them. Most operators seemed to be running one liveaboard a week, so you might need to wait a while. Price doesn't seem to change too much for booking last minute. 850,000 seemed to be the norm for a two dive day; we met a few people who just did repeated dive days.

I recommend Dive Komodo, thumbs up for service and land based dive operation.

i like reef seekers, wel organised,
Kidding? the worst organized operation I've been diving with. They left us waiting at surface 30 minutes in Batu Bolong while their engine broke and their boat had hit the rock and was drifting afar. What a good idea to use a single engine boat in Komodo... Look at their instr. turnover record and that'll give an idea of the operation.

Dove with Dive Komodo today, and will be for the next two days.

The dive boat we went out on was good quality, dive brief was good with a nice little white board with diagrams. 3 DM's with 2 divers each, pointed out a lot.

All in all a very good experience

---------- Post Merged on October 1st, 2012 at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous Post was on September 30th, 2012 at 11:02 AM ----------

We dove Castle and Crystal rock today, currents were severe what with it being close to full moon but i was really impressed with our DM, Rian, he kept a good eye on us and found us good hiding places from the current to catch our breath. Two absolutely awesome dive sites, i was blown away! Still grinning now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom