Camera on tray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

seansrs36

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Dear Sirs,

I put my Canon 7d onto the tray on the housing. As I am tightening the camera down on to the tray you can actually see the camera move forward. This results on the on off switch on the housing not being able to engage it when in the housing. I am also not able to use the Quick Control Dial. It seems as the camera is sitting to far forward now for these buttons to be engaged. What could be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Sean Sydnor

I am going to guess, and it is a guess. And I likely can't put it into words correctly either.

My guess is that you are holding the housing back in such a way that you are pressing one of the buttons/levers/controls/whatever into the camera back as you screw the camera onto the housing plate. Meaning the back side of the back of the housing is pressed against something, pushing a lever/button/whatever into the camera while you screw it down.

If something is not pressing against the back, such as a depressed button, it is not logical to have the problem you have.

Hold the camera upside down, nothing against the housing back, and screw it on. Whatever is pressing against the camera will tell you the problem.

Nothing should be touching the back of the camera.

If it still moves, then it has to be the screw.

If that does not help, I got nothing else to say.

Good luck on the fix.

jdcpa is correct. Nothing should be contacting the back of the camera as you tighten the camera to the internal tray. If the camera is tilting forward, then something must be pressing it forward from the back and/or the tray mounting bolt is not tightened securely. If you cannot find a solution to this problem, please send the housing to Ikelite for evaluation.

Please send your equipment along with a brief letter of explanation or this e-mail, and full contact information to:

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 W. 33rd St.
Indianapolis, IN 46208

Please include your name, complete return address, email, phone number, and your stated problem or service request. Normal service completion time is 2-3 weeks.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

Dear Sirs,

I put my Canon 7d onto the tray on the housing. As I am tightening the camera down on to the tray you can actually see the camera move forward. This results on the on off switch on the housing not being able to engage it when in the housing. I am also not able to use the Quick Control Dial. It seems as the camera is sitting to far forward now for these buttons to be engaged. What could be causing this issue?

Thanks,

Sean Sydnor

Back
Top Bottom