Oceanic VT3 Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris.evans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just did 21 consecutive dives. I can see them all on my computer in the 'log', but when I connect OceanLog or Diving Log to the device it only allows me to download 4 dives. This is really frustrating. Is there any way to see how close to full the memory is? Maybe the logs in the computer are just date/depth/time and not the profiles? I have searched online and in the manual, I cannot find how many dive profiles the computer can store. The software is just so subpar, it's frustrating. OceanLog feels like a student CS project. CE

On my oceanic DataMax Pro Plus, the computer log would do the same. The issue is there are 2 sets of data. The high level dive data and detailed level dive data. The dive computer log is only showing the high level. When you download the data, the pc gets the low level. The dive computer has a setting of how frequent the dive details will be stored. Something like 2 seconds, 15 seconds to 1 minute. If your dive computer is set to 2seconds, there is not enough storage on the dive computer for the older dives and they are lost. My fix for my computer was to set the detail data to store ever 1 minute. The issue becomes I do not have the very granular data as I would like. But I get the gist of the dive.

what he said, turn down your sampling rate to about a minute and make sure your loging your divers after every 6-8 hrs of underwater time. Ive had pool dives bump real dives off mine before

I had the same problem with my 180 NX I just worked around it by only down loading one dive profile at a time . yes it made it take a lot longer to down load a long weekend of dives. but I got them down loaded .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom