IRDA dongle for Uwatec Aladin 2G

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bram1234

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all. I bought a new dive computer, the Scubapro Uwatec Aladin 2g. I thought I can buy a cheap IRDA dongle on Ebay or Dealextreme that I do not have to pay the 50 euro's for the original Uwatec dongle. I tried a Lindy IRDA dongle from amazon, but I was not able to connect to the dive computer using the SmartTrak software. Tried different operating systems (Windows xp, vista and 7) and different speed settings. Didn't have any luck.

I did found some other threads about this (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/co...794-ir-port-uwatec-aladin-2g.html#post5605534). They mention Monoprice dot com. However I think the IRDA dongle is not available anymore because I can't find it on their website. Does anybody know where I can buy a (cheap) IRDA dongle that works correctly with my Uwatec Aladin 2G?

I found one, I believe it is a RoHS but I'd have to find the packaging. Got it on Amazon if I remember correctly for $12. Works great.

Back
Top Bottom