Considering buying a Nikon & Ikelite housing, not sure which model in my $ range....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christina0701

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! Looking for some help in deciding on my next camera purchase. I currently own a Sealife Mini (not too impressive) and had a Kodak digital. Well the Kodak has seen its last day and I want a Nikon & Ikelite housing. My price range is $1000.00 max for camera & housing with the intention of buying extras (strobe lighting?) next year. I am interested in the Nikon Coolpix S6300, S3300, S6200, or S9300 models. I'm just looking for ANY feedback, opinions or suggestions on any of these choices. Are any of these options going to be equal to or better then the Sealife Mini?? This is for recreational diving photography and I like the idea of having a land and water camera. Thanks!

While Nikon makes excellent cameras (I am a life long Nikon shooter) there are other cameras out there that might work for you. In fact right now the top compact models actually come from Canon, Olympus and Sony. Here are some package deals that can prove as a starting point. Strobes make a Massive difference in the photos you take so you may want to stretch your budget a little.

System Packages :: Compact Systems -

In fact if I was going out to buy a system TODAY it would the Sony RX100 in the soon to be released Ikelite housing, or with a little more money the Nauticam housing.

http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-RX100-Camera/en/p/DSCRX100/B

Last edited:
sent pm

---------- Post Merged at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:59 AM ----------

did you get a camera/housing yet?

Back
Top Bottom